OddJob the Robot
OddJob is a simple autonomous robot based on the ATMega8 RISC Microcontroller from Atmel.
Partial parts list:
The design goal with OddJob was simply to build something a little smaller than I had previously.
It just fits into a 3"x3"x3" cube.
- Hamamatsu P5587 IR sensor.
- Atmel ATMega8L Microcontroller.
- Pololu Micro Dual Serial Motor Controller
- Solarbotics GM7 GM10 geared pager motors.
- Brass tube, heatshrink tubing and stiff wire for 'whisker'
- Servo horn wheels with rubber band tyres.
ObbJob uses a homebrew collision sensor 'whisker':
OddJob has an optical sensor underneath suitable for line following.
Currently it's configured to remain trapped within a line of black tape.
See the video below.
Feel free to email me (Dan Piponi) at stirfry (at) sigfpe.com.
Back to Robotics.
Back to Home.