FEES FOR LESSONS AND PLAYING ENGAGEMENTS:
Lessons - Playing Engagements
We provide tuition on the classical, acoustic and electric guitar, catering for all levels of abilities and most interests, including classical, rock, pop, acoustic, Spanish and Latin-American styles.
We can provide coaching for the Associated Board's (ABRSM) Grade examinations on the Classical Guitar, up to Grade 8 and beyond.
PLEASE NOTE: LESSONS FEES:
The fees for Guitar lessons are as follows:
£34.oo per 1 hour lesson,
£18.oo per 1/2 hour lesson
payable in blocks of four in advance, as follows:
£136.oo per block of 4 one-hour lessons, or £144 for visit lessons.
£80.oo per block of 4 half-hour lessons. or £80 for visit lessons.
Payment of the next ‘block’ of lessons is expected on the last lesson paid for. A small surcharge (normally £2 per lesson but depending on distance) will apply for visit lessons. If you must cancel an appointment for a lesson, please give at least 48 hours advance notification, otherwise the lesson should be paid for.
Lessons would normally take place once a week, although other arrangements are possible -I have found, however, that more infrequent lessons tend to slow down the rate of progress quite considerably, although different people will have different requirements. Normally I suggest 1 hour long lessons for adults, half-an-hour for children. Again, though, different arrangements are possible.
For electric guitar lessons: you needn’t bring leads or an amp as you can use mine during the lesson. If there are specific effect pedals that you use it would be a good idea to bring those, though.
And once again it is found that music lessons are good for you (and for your kids) as shown in this study published in New Scientist...
Recitals and Playing engagements:
All private playing engagements are subject to negotiation according to duration, programme and resources required.
Typically, a two/three hour private recital (for instance, for a private concert, wedding, private/dinner party, etc.) will cost in the region of £250.
As is the case with most musicians I am also involved in other, non-classical guitar music projects, like Hella with the Australian singer-songwriter and artist Christina Williams. In the website for the project you will find samples of our songs. Fees for a Hella presentation by mutual arrangement.
- - Two Sonatas - A. Scarlatti (f. i. Kp 83, Kp 80, Kp 208)
- - Studies (f. i., No 5, No 6, No 11, No 12) - Leo Brouwer
- - Berceuse (Drume Negrita) - Leo Brouwer
- - El Decamerón Negro - Leo Brouwer
- -Studies (from 25 Melodic Studies Op 50) - Matteo Carcassi
- - Lute Suite No 2 - J. S. Bach -
- La Catedral - Agustin Barrios -
- Arabescos - Agustin Barrios-
- Julia Florida - Agustín Barrios
- - Sidereal Moments - Walter Fabeck
- - Sunburst - Andrew York
- - Milonga del Angel - A Piazzolla
- - Tango en Skai - R Dyens
- -- Seis por Derecho - Antonio Lauro
• Lute Suites 1 and 2, J S Bach
• Venezuelan Valses and pieces, Seis por Derecho - Antonio Lauro
• Preludio Criollo and other pieces - Rodrigo Riera
• La Catedral, Agustin Barrios
• Julia Florida, Agustin Barrios
Arabesco, Agustín Barrios
• Vals No 4, Agustin Barrios
• Una Limosna por el Amor de Dios, Agustin Barrios
and other Latin American guitar pieces by Lauro, Riera, Ponce, Villa-Lobos, Barrios, etc.
• Theme Variée et Finale, Manuel M Ponce
• Capricho Arabe, F Tarrega
• Sidereal Moments, Walter Fabeck
• El Decameron Negro, Leo Brouwer
• Etudes Simples, Leo Brouwer
-- Berceuse - Leo Brouwer
• Idylle pour Ida, John Duarte
• Sua Cosa, John Duarte
‘Lachrimae Pavan’ / John Dowland
‘Fortune’ / John Dowland
‘Praeludium’/ John Dowland.
and other similar Elizabethan repertoire pieces by Dowland, Holborne, etc.
• Concierto de Aranjuez, Joaquin Rodrigo
• Concierto del Sur, Manuel M Ponce
• Concert in D major, A Vivaldi