Bringing Heaven to Earth
24th November 2013
· Matt 6:10 “Your Kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven”.
· God’s desire is to bring heaven to earth – to manifest heaven on earth.
· He wants us to embrace our new identity and citizenship (Phil 3:20).
· He wants to teach us how to live as citizens of heaven on earth, ambassadors of Christ.
· Heaven on earth is not just about power, miracles, signs, prophecies, gifts of Spirit.
· It is about lifestyle, relationship, thinking, attitudes, words, how we behave.
· What happens in relationship is more important to God than what happens in meetings.
· 1Cor 13:1-8 “… have not love, I have become sounding brass, or a clanging symbol”. God wants us to manifest His nature (love) not just do His works.
2. The Fruit of the Spirit = Manifesting Heaven on Earth.
· Gal 5:19-23 Work of the flesh – Fruit of the Spirit.
· Fruit of the Spirit = the Nature of God ie what He is like all the time. Orange=>orange tree.
= the tangible presence of God amongst us – Holy Spirit revealing Himself.
· Devil presses on us through people and circumstances to conform manifest works of flesh.
· Holy Spirit moves us through people and circumstances to conform to Christ manifest fruit of Spirit.
(i) Love = to
embrace people as valuable and act in the best interests.
(1Cor 6:17 one spirit joined)
= to love people the way God love us.
= you can love any person it is a choice, a gift to them.
· Must learn to see people as God sees them a treasure, valuable.
· If all you can see is what is wrong in people – something is wrong in you.
· Choose to demonstrate loving kindness.
(ii) Joy = rejoicing, delight, gladness, cheerful, amazed at Jesus.
· Heaven is full of joy – it is immersing and intense – “joy unspeakable”.
· Jesus constantly full of joy – my joy I give to you. (Jn 15:11)
· No man can take the joy of love from you. (Jn 16:22)
· World teaches us to focus on negatives – kingdom of God is about joy in Holy Ghost. (Rom 14:17)
(iii) Peace = rest, set at one again, quietness on inside, calm in adversity.
· Being calm and at rest no matter what happening.
· Jesus always at peace – Prince of Peace – gives us peace. (Jn 14:21)
(iv) Paitence = to
endure quietly in face of pressure, opposition,
= to endure without complaining.
· Complaining, criticizing, whining = language of hell.
· Patience => grateful, thankful, worshiping God with expectation.
(v) Kindness = to be considerate and thoughtful of others, gracious.
· Shown in small acts of consideration and generosity of people.
(vi) Goodness = to
look out for another person’s welfare in small acts. (Acts 10:38)
= to lift people up, add value and benefit to them. (Gal 6:10)
(vii) Faithfulness = to hold fast to word, to keep your word, be consistent.
· God requires that we keep our word even when inconvenient.
(viii) Gentleness = meekness, strength under control, humility.
· Gentleness is attractive – God uses gentleness to attract us.
· Have sweet spirit, dove like, showing mercy to others.
· Not dominating or aggressive.
(ix) Self-Control = to restrain yourself from reacting, going to extremes.
· Being even tempered, behaving best of people.
3. You Choose How You Respond
· 1Cor 10:13 “No temptation has taken you but suct as is common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted above what you are able, but with the temptation make a way of escape that you may be able to endure it”.
· No matter what happens to you with people, circumstances
(a) You always have a choice how you will respond.
(b) God always provides a fruit of the spirit to enable you to overcome.
· It is not about others – it is about you and how you show up, how you respond.
· Don’t react, blame, justify, pay back – this is what the world does. (Eph 4:27)
· For every situation there is a fruit of the Spirit you can respond with.
Rom 12:21 “Be not
overcome with evil but overcome evit with good”
· Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, pray for them that disrespectfully use you.
· That you may be children of your Father which is in heaven.
· Don’t let the devil steal your identity – you are a child of God – act like one.
· Jn 21:21 “Lord what shall this man do?... What is that to you follow me!”
· Following Jesus means copying his example, obeying his commands.
· Jn 14:21-23 “He that has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
4. How To Put Into Practice.
(a) Select one fruit of the Spirit to cultivate and develop in your life.
(b) Worship and meditate on that fruit – what does it look like, and feel like in your life.
(c) Receive that fruit as you meditate and release it with word to people, circumstances.
(d) Observe your response when something happens – choose to embrace and release the fruit of the Spirit – God is with you. He gives to you to give to others.
· As you give you also receive more.