Isaiah 9:7 – “of the increase of His government there shall be no end”.
· Jesus was a revolutionary – He lived His life on earth for a cause, a purpose.
· The greatest tragedy is a life without purpose – empty, no meaning.
· You were created for a purpose – that purpose, linked to Christ and His cause.
· Government = 4951 = empire, rule, dominion, government, it to prevail.
· Increase = 4766 = to become greater, advance, multiply, add to.
· God’s rule will increase and advance without limit;
1) No stopping to the Kingdom of God advancing
2) No stopping to God’s Word changing people, circumstances
3) No stopping or limit to growth and advance
· We can limit God working through us or enjoy life full of advance.
2. God’s Spirit is Given for Mission / Purpose:
· Acts 1:8 – “You shall receive power – be witness unto me – uttermost parts of the earth”.
· God’s intention in giving the Holy Ghost – advance Hid kingdom, His cause.
· Whenever the Church focuses on the personal experiences at the expense of mission, it dies.
· Holy Spirit is an Apostolic Spirit – He commission people e.g. John 20:21-22
· Acts 2:16-22 - “in the last days I will pour out My Spirit”.
i) Outpouring of the Holy Spirit – anointing and empowering.
ii) Three generations impacted by the Holy Spirit – all are
- children – adults – older adults
- all are to participate in the outpouring and in purpose
iii) Prophetic Spirit come on all generations
- Prophecy – visions and dreams
- Prophetic Spirit reveals Jesus. Revelation 19:10
- Purpose of anointing is to make Jesus known
iv) Purpose of the outpouring is Evangelism
- make Christ known
- Advance His Kingdom – His Word obeyed.
NB: Jesus approved by God → showoff, demonstrate, view expose to them full of faith, full of the Holy Spirit committed to a cause.
1 John 3:8; Luke 19:10
3. Jesus’ Death on the Cross => For a Purpose:
· Luke 19:10 – “Come to seek and save which was lost.
· Not called to comfort: - contribute, compassion, cause, and concern.
- conflict (Matthew 11:12)
· Christ didn’t die for us to have a cruisey life; fire insurance.
· Christ didn’t die for us to have church, live an empty life.
· Christ died for a purpose – advance the Will of God – 2 Peter 3:9 – “Not the will of God that any perish – all saved”.
· Not called to be Passive – passion, purpose, priorities, participate.
· E.g. K.L. Doctor – able to be a multimillionaire
- choose to live for a purpose – helps the poor.
- Love always moves to sacrifice.
4. Jesus’ Death on the Cross => Call to a Cause:
· Matthew 4:19 – “follow me – I will make you fishers of men”
· Following Christ – commitment to a person and a cause.
· E.g. Movie – Terminator 3
(i) Robot programmed to kill humans – no heart, no care. Captured and reprogrammed to save lives. E.g. Ephesians 3:1 - Paul – prisoner of Lord – reprogrammed.
(ii) “If you want to live, follow me”
- requires a personal respond
- John 8:12 – follow me – have the light of life
(iii) “What if you fail in your mission?”
- Life meaningless – no purpose
- without a cause to life for we are empty
- e.g. David – is there not a cause
(iv) “What is you Mission?”
- Robot infected with a virus
- Virus have caused it to have a person called, to save it
- Challenged . . what is your Mission?
- Inner conflict over commands => robot shuts down
- rebooted operating system – focus on mission. Revelation 3:19
· Church Corp / individual must face challenge – What is your Mission?
· E.g. Movie; Mission Impossible -
(2) Must believe possible – Mark 10:27; Mark 9:23