This site documents the history of the KGV tuberculosis sanatorium built in 1921, and the adjacent St. Thomas’ Hospital, built 1941.  Both were isolated in the Surrey countryside at Hydestile, near Hambledon, just south of Godalming, England. 

It was a complete community, known to the long term TB patients as “Teebeeland”.

For information on the nearby Milford Hospital visit our sister site.


King George V Sanatorium, Hydestile, Surrey