Performance and Success in Employment and Academic
- Defining and measuring individual and team performance in employment, military and academic settings (e.g., technical, non-technical, interpersonal and intrapersonal behaviors).
- Measuring key correlates of performance (e.g., promotion, certification, attrition, satisfaction).
- Understanding individual differences that contribute to performance (e.g., knowledge, skill, motivation).
Workforce Readiness, Personnel Selection, and Job Analysis
- Developing and improving selection and admissions tests, metrics and systems.
- Investigating the legal implications and applications of personnel selection practices.
- Researching selection approaches that incorporate job classification, person-job fit, and web-based recruiting systems.
Test Development and Psychometrics
- Evaluating and developing employment, licensure/certification and admissions tests used in employment, military and academic contexts (e.g., tests of job knowledge, cognitive ability, personality, biodata, situational judgment).
- Statistically modeling the psychometric reliability, validity, and structure of psychological tests.
- Determining whether tests function similarly across racial/ethnic and/or gender subgroups.
- Using, critiquing and extending statistical methods used in
organizational research: meta-analysis, CFA/SEM, IRT, multilevel
models, Bayesian analysis, adverse impact analysis, and other
- Advising graduate students, academic colleagues, and various stakeholders (companies, non-profits, governmental agencies, legal firms) on their statistical analyses, particularly those relevant to organizational research and practice.
- Teaching statistical methodologies in graduate seminars, short
courses, and workshops (e.g., at universities, conferences, and