Iron.io - Senior EngineerOctober 2015 - current
- Designed and implemented much of the "convert AWS Lambda functions to Docker images" project, including automated test suites.
- Maintaining and improving the IronMQ distributed, fault-tolerant message queue.
- Helping to create an industry leading container-based job processing infrastructure.
- Programming languages used: Go, Ruby.
Mozilla Corporation - Platform EngineerOctober 2012 - September 2015
- Lead implementor of the Promises, Push notifications, Fetch and Speech Recognition WebAPIs.
- Significant contributor to Mozilla's ServiceWorker effort, which allows web apps to offer seamless offline-first experiences.
- Contributions to other WebAPIs and web standards processes which require knowledge of the web security model, thread synchronization and garbage collection. Involved in initial API design in standards bodies for WebAPIs.
- Developed skills for working in a highly distributed team.
- Experience mentoring several interns to implement important projects and helping new contributors with first patches.
Mozilla Corporation - Intern May 2011 - July 2011
Skills used were low level data manipulation, debugging with gdb and making the engine generate efficient assembly code for fast
Started working on the first implementation of the ECMAScript Harmony BinaryData specification which
Google Summer of Code - UPnP support for the KDE desktopApril - August 2010
- Implemented a client to browse and download resources from UPnP mediaservers in C++.
- Added UPnP collections support to the Amarok media player.
MILLEEMay - Sept 2009
Performed play-testing and usability analysis under Prof. Matthew Kam of Carnegie Mellon University. MILLEE creates educational games to teach English to underprivileged children. I was a tester for Java based games to find out bugs and usability issues in the games. I was instrumental in getting the team to shift from ad-hoc source management, to using Subversion.
- Experience working on real-world, maintainable software written by various developers from around the world.
- Fast learner with excellent code reading and understanding ability.
- Good full-stack knowledge from distributed systems and high-level frameworks to CPU architecture.
- Extensive UNIX experience of 10+ years.
- Significant experience with Java, C. Some experience with Rust, Ruby and PHP.
The Gecko rendering engine and Firefox internals, v8/node.js, SpiderMonkey, Qt, node.js, LAMP, Flask, Redis, SQLite, Git, Mercurial, gdb