Official Contest Rules
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING
1. DESCRIPTION: The "IGN Video Game President Campaign Poster Contest" (the "Contest") is a submission contest offering entrants the opportunity to submit an original poster through their "My IGN Blog" for consideration as described below. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of IGN Entertainment, Inc. ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
The Contest will flow as follows:
· Contest "Submission Period": The Submission Period begins on [September 5, 2012] ("Start Date") and ends on [October 18, 2012] at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT").
· Contest Judging: From on or about [October 20, 2012] through [October 25, 2012], eligible Contest "Submissions" (as that term is defined below) will be judged according to the criteria in Section 6 of the Official Rules.
· Winner Notification: On or about [October 28, 2012] the potential winner will be contacted according to the description in Section 8 of the Official Rules
· Winner Announcement: Pending the outcome of eligibility verification, the winner will be announced on or about [November 1, 2012].
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry ("Entrant"). Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, officers, directors consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within six months prior to the Start Date, held employment with or performed services for Sponsor or for any of the prize suppliers associated with the Contest or for the subsidiaries, affiliates or parents of any of the foregoing entities (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the "Contest Entities") are not eligible to enter or win. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Contest, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, Entrants must complete the following steps:
· Visit the Contest website during the Submission Period by going to [ http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/previewpreview?p=518141&preview=true] (the "Website")
· Entrant must sign into their My IGN membership account. If not already a member, Entrant can become a member by visiting my.ign.com. Membership is free.
· Once logged into the My IGN account, Entrant must create a new, original campaign poster of their choice for “Video Game President” ("Submission") on his or her "My IGN" blog.
· Entrant must then add the following tag to their Submission: “IGNVGPresident”. Entry will not be complete until Entrant has added the “IGNVGPresident” tag to the entry.
· Submissions must be completed by [October 18, 2012] at 11:59 p.m. PT. The Website database clock will be the official time keeper for this Contest. Limited to one (1) entry per person/email address/My IGN account for the duration of the Contest Submission Period. No substitutions of new versions of Submissions will be accepted under any circumstances once the original Submission is submitted for consideration. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win.
The Submission must meet the following content restrictions:
Submission must NOT contain material which is (or promoting activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or material that contains any derogatory references to any Contest Entities;
· Submission must be entirely original to the Entrant;
· Submission must NOT have been previously submitted to another Contest, broadcast on a media network or submitted to any entertainment entity that would conflict with this Contest, as determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion;
· Submissions must NOT include materials that violate or infringe another person's privacy or publicity rights; and
4. MATERIALS/RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of a Submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor the non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such Submission, or any portion thereof, including to the extent applicable (a) any information, biographical data, and material (e.g., the "creative" file or Submission) submitted by Entrant in connection with the Contest; and (b) all graphics, statements, and quotations of or by you and furnished by you as part of this Contest (collectively, the "Material"), in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol. Each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to utilize, for eternity and in any manner it sees fit, the Submission provided to Sponsor, and to make derivative works from such materials solely in connection with the Contest (i.e., without limitation, to create promotional materials). In addition, by participating in the Contest and providing a Submission, each Entrant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Sponsor and its designees to use Entrant's Submission, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, video, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation or consideration in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe. Except as required by law or permitted pursuant to these Contest Official Rules, the Sponsor will not share an Entrant's information with any third parties except the other Contest Entities and as described in these Official Rules.
5. JUDGING CRITERIA: Contest Submissions will be scored based on the criteria set forth below. All Contest Submissions will be judged on or about [October 20, 2012] through [October 25, 2012] by a panel of judges to be selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion ("Judging Panel"). All decisions of the Judging Panel are final and binding in all respects of the Contest and not subject to challenge or appeal. Contest Submissions will be scored based upon the following criteria, as assessed by each member of the Judging Panel in his or her sole discretion.
Each criterion will be scored equally:
· Quality of the Submission (50%)
· Creativity of Submission (50%)
In the event of a tie, the Judging Panel will select a winner from among the tying Submissions by choosing the entry which scored highest Creativity.
6. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each Entrant represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Submission is the Entrant's own original, previously unpublished work; (ii) the Submission does not contain any computer virus, is otherwise uncorrupted, is wholly original with Entrant, and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; and (iii) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone on or about [October 28, 2012]. Selected Winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. Time is of the essence in awarding the prize. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor or its representative, in their sole discretion, may attempt to contact up to three (3) potential Winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner may be selected.
8. PRIZES (1): One Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible Submissions to receive: One (1) Portal Gun Replica. The total value of all prizing to be awarded in the Contest is: $250. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize Winner cannot assign or transfer a prize to another person. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. If a Winner cannot accept the prize, the prize may be forfeited at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, the prize may not be re-awarded, in Contest Entities' sole discretion.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, Entrants agree to release the Contest Entities from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. The Contest Entities shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. DISPUTES: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of California.
12. SPONSOR: IGN Entertainment, Inc., 625 2nd Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107.
13. PRIZE WINNER LIST: To obtain a copy of any legally required list of prize winners or a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "IGN Video Game President Contest" Winner's List or Rules, 625 2nd Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107 (VT residents may omit return postage) by October 31, 2012.